Answered By: Jennifer Gu Last Updated: Dec 29, 2017 Views: 147
Library users without a valid HKBU SSOid (e.g. Graduates, certain categories of SCE staff/students) must reset their My Library Account password using the Library's system.
The following steps show how you can reset your password online:
1. Go to the "Request Password Reset for Users Without HKBU SSOid" web page
Alternatively, you may may click "My Library Account / Renewal Materials" link on the Library homepage:
Select your user type, i.e. "Other Eligible Users"
Then, on the next page, click on "Forgot your password?" to reset your password.
2. Enter your library barcode and your email address
Your barcode is printed on the back of your Student/Library card, e.g. X000123456. Your email is the contact email address provided to the Library during the application process.
If you have entered an email address different from the one stored in the library system or you have not yet provided the Library with your email address, you would receive the error message as shown below. In such cases, please contact the Library's Borrowing and Returning Counter in person, by telephone at 3411-7444, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add/update your email contact information accordingly.
3. Go to your email inbox and follow the link in the email
4. Enter and confirm a password that conforms to the pattern requirements and then click "Submit"
5. You will receive a confirmation message and e-mail
If you need any assistance, please contact the Library Information Desk in person, by telephone at 3411-7363, or via e-mail email@example.com.
- Facilities & Equipment
- E-Resources & Databases
- My Library Account
- Borrowing & Returning
- JULAC card
- New Library System
- Reference Manager/Software
- Interlibrary Loan
- Status & Location
- Multimedia Learning Centre
- Shek Mun Campus Library
- Academic Commons
- Library Regulations