Answered By: Mandy Wong Last Updated: Jan 08, 2018 Views: 1068
The eligible users can use the Hong Kong Academic Library Link (HKALL) service to request books that are not available at HKBU Library, and are available in other government-funded Hong Kong university libraries.
This includes those books that are in HKBU Library's collections, but are checked out to other users.
This example shows that Schiffman's Consumer Behavior is not available for borrowing from HKBU:
The following steps show how you can request this item via HKALL:
1. Go to Library Home page and navigate to the HKALL Tab. Then enter the name/keywords of the book you want into the search box, and press "Search":
2. Find the copy that you need by browsing through the search result list.
3. Click the record’s availability status link to proceed:
4. If a copy with the status "Available" is found in at least one other university library, a "HKALL" link will appear under Get it at the Library
(Note: Please make sure you are signed into OneSearch otherwise this link will not appear)
5. Select your desired pickup location, then click REQUEST
(Note: If you are requesting a specific volume from a multi-volume series, please indicate the volume number that you want to request in the space provided)
After your request is successfully received, it will normally take 3-4 working days to be delivered to the Au Shue Hung Memorial Library (i.e. Main Library) or Shek Mun Campus Library for you to pick up. When your requested HKALL item is ready to collect, we will notify you by e-mail.
Please note that not all HKBU Library members are eligible to use the HKALL service. If you need help, please contact Library staff at 3411-7363.
- Facilities & Equipment
- E-Resources & Databases
- My Library Account
- Borrowing & Returning
- JULAC card
- New Library System
- Reference Manager/Software
- Status & Location
- Multimedia Learning Centre
- Shek Mun Campus Library
- Academic Commons
- Library Regulations