Answered By: Mandy Wong Last Updated: Aug 06, 2015 Views: 614
You can use the Hong Kong Academic Library Link (HKALL) service to request books that are not available at HKBU Library, and are available in other Hong Kong university libraries. This includes those books that are in HKBU Library's collections, but are checked out to other users.
The instructions below describe how to search the HKALL Catalogue and request books:
- Navigate to the HKALL Tab and enter the name of the book you want into the search box
- Press "Search"
- Check that a copy is available at one of the participating libraries
- Click the "Request this title" link
- Select "HKBU Library" as your home library
- Enter your HKBU SSOid and password
- Select "Pick up Location" and click "Submit"
After a request is successfully received, it will normally take 3-4 working days to be delivered to HKBU Library or Shek Mun Campus Library for you to pick up. When your requested HKALL item is ready to collect, we will notify you by e-mail.
Please note that not all HKBU Library members are eligible to use the HKALL service. For more information, refer to the link below or watch our LibCast.
- E-Resources & Databases
- Facilities & Equipment
- Borrowing & Returning
- My Library Account
- JULAC card
- Status & Location
- New Library System
- Reference Manager/Software
- Multimedia Learning Centre
- Shek Mun Campus Library
- Academic Commons
- Course Reserves