Answered By: Mandy Wong
Last Updated: Aug 05, 2017     Views: 577

Libraries of other UGC-funded institutions

The libraries of the eight UGC-funded institutions collaboratively offer the JULAC (Joint University Librarians Advisory Committee) Card to eligible users. The JULAC card allows the holder to enter the libraries of the participating institutions.

Faculty and postgraduate students

The JULAC Card offered to eligible faculty and postgraduates also allows the holder to borrow items from the circulating collections of other JULAC libraries.

JULAC Card applications are free of charge for HKBU teaching faculty, administrative-equivalent staff, and eligible postgraduate students. The card will expire at the end of your contract / expected period of study.

Undergraduate Students

UGC-funded undergraduate users are eligible to apply for a JULAC Reader Card that allows access but not borrowing. Please note that a HK$50 administrative charge is applicable annually for EACH library that you visit, with one exception:

  • Lingnan University Library has a special reciprocal arrangement with us whereby HKBU undergraduate students can simply present their HKBU student card to enter Lingan University Library. No JULAC Reader Card is needed.


Eligible users may apply for a JULAC card online.


Please note that the JULAC Card only allows physical access to other UGC libraries. While you can use their public workstations to access their e-resources on-site, you will not be able to remotely access their e-resources.

Non-UGC Libraries

Reader cards allowing access to certain non-UGC libraries are available on request. Restrictions may apply. Please enquire at the Information Desk for details.