Answered By: Chloe Lei Last Updated: Jul 25, 2017 Views: 157
If a book that you need is currently on loan to another user, you have the option to place a hold on the item.
After the hold is made, the Library will shorten the loan period of that particular item and notify the borrower to return the item earlier than the original due date. Follow the steps below to place a hold:
- Make sure that you are signed in to OneSearch (refer to this video for details of how to sign in) before placing a hold request.
- On the item page, click on the Request button in the Get it at the Library section:
- You will next need to select your desired pickup location: Au Shue Hung Memorial Library (i.e. Main Library), Chinese Medicine Library, or Shek Mun Campus Library:
The system will then show you a confirmation message. You will be informed by e-mail when the item is ready to pick up.
To view and manage your holds, visit the Requests tab under your My Library Account.
- E-Resources & Databases
- My Library Account
- JULAC card
- Facilities & Equipment
- Borrowing & Returning
- New Library System
- Reference Manager/Software
- Status & Location
- Multimedia Learning Centre
- Shek Mun Campus Library
- Academic Commons